It’s that time of year again! Although you’re probably busy carving your pumpkin for Halloween we suggest you keep the leftovers as pumpkins are rich in important essential vitamins and nutrients necessary for healthy and radiant skin.
- Pumpkin contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of ageing
- Pumpkin is packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which are necessary to maintain good barrier function of the skin. They also regulate sebum, great for an oily skin.
- Zinc in pumpkin seeds is brilliant for acne sufferers. Zinc will help control the hormone level and oil production, as well as assist with healing of the skin.
- Zinc also protects your cell membranes, helps maintain collagen, and promotes skin renewal.
So enjoy your pumpkin and pumpkin seeds without counting calories, saturated fat or cholesterol while getting plenty of fibre, vitamins, nutrients and minerals!
Your skin will thank you for it
Comments are closed