Sculptra is an injectable treatment that stimulates the body’s own collagen to help smooth out lines and wrinkles. This treatment also restores lost facial volume gradually giving you a fuller, younger looking face.
Sculptra treats the following areas of concern:
- Lines, wrinkles and folds
- Lines between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Lines around the corners of the mouth
- Wrinkles in the cheeks and chin
- Sunken cheeks
- Recessed temple area
Sculptra works gradually to give a natural effect. Usually 2-3 treatments are required and results should be noticeable after approximately 6 weeks (However in some patients this may take longer or require more treatments). Once the treatment plan is complete, the results can last for more than 3 years.
Are there any side effects?
The most common side effect with the use of Sculptra include tenderness, redness, and possible bruising and swelling at the site of injection. These effects generally resolve in 2-6 days.
- Over the 5 days after each treatment session massage the treated area 5 times a day for 5 minutes.
- Within the first 24 hours after treatment , an ice pack should be applied for a few minutes to the treated area to help reduce any swelling. Wrap the ice in a cloth and avoid putting ice directly onto the skin.
- Makeup may be applied a few hours after treatment if no complications are present.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and UV lamp exposure until any initial swelling and redness have resolved.